Monday, February 11, 2008

Getaway Girl

So the other day I'm giving the girls a bath, while Mary is getting their pajamas ready. I stepped out for a minute to do something. While I was out I could hear some splashing that was not good bath taking etiquette so I went back to make sure the girls weren't making too big of a mess. I walked around the corner and Emme is out of the tub, splashing a wet towel on the floor. I wanted her to stop so I said "hey stop that" and Emme jumped as if her legs were little springs and dove head first into the tub, swam through the water and came up acting as if nothing was wrong. It was so funny to see this little bum dive through the air and into the water. I was a little upset that they were making a mess by splashing water onto the bathroom floor but seeing Emme perform her getaway dive was just too funny and made it too hard to stay upset. Our kids sure do make us laugh and make life very interesting.

8 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Silly girlie! Don't you love when you're trying to be mad but you just end up laughing? Ha ha!

Rachel said...

Sopping wet bathrooms and soggy toilet paper, how fun is that? Yes, we mop up every day, haha! Thanks for the visual images, hilarious!

Rachel Seren said...

So cute! Cole did that when he was 9 months he was trying desperately to get in and dove head first. But he wasn't much of a fan of the bath for awhile after that.

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

Can't relate cause I don't have cute kids yet, but I have little sisters and they're always funny in the nude!

Cordie said...

I laugh every time I read your blog posts! You guys have the funniest kids ever!

Rachel Seren said...

Hey so this is random, but remember your post about the girls getting up too early? My boys do the same thing, and I guess so do my sister boys. I was reading her blog and she has the best idea I have seen yet. She got a cheap clock at walmart, took off the plastic cover and filled in the hours they weren't allowed out of bed in red and the hours to get out in green. Then she put a frog on the hour hand. And told the boys that when the frog is in the red stay in bed, when the frog is green play full steam! But basically they know when it's in the red they can play in their room but aren't allowed out and when it's in green they then can come get mom and dad. if you want to see a pic of it. her blog is www.busyjordans.blogspot.com I am going to walmart tommorrow to try it. just thought i would pass along the great idea! Let me know if you like it!

emily snyder said...

mary...oh course i sent you a letter....you were top priority!

jon..i love the image of emme diving into the bath tube!!

Max and Nancy and Co. said...

Jon,
Your account of the bare bottom dive in the bathtub was so funny to read...I laugh just thinking about those darling girls "acting" as of nothing was going on.
And...your sleep deprivation is just patience practice. I remember the morning Dad and I woke up after our first thru-the-night sleep in 24 years...we were amazed!