

So the other day Grace was trying to help Emme say the prayer over breakfast. In doing so she pretty much took over and started saying the prayer herself. After starting off with "Dear Heavenly Father" she switch right over to "We pledge allegiance to the flag...invisible under God" but then caught herself and finished the prayer. (I had to turn around so she didn't see me laughing.) First off, where in the world did she learn the pledge? I had no idea that she even knew it let alone could recite it. And second, how can a 4 year old be expected to say indivisible?
I just keep thinking that my little girl is growing up. I've heard the stories from my brothers about their kids but now mine has joined the club. It was too funny and too cute. I only wish Mary would have been there so she could have heard it too.
6 comments:
Ha no way! That's so funny! Grace always something cute to say. That's so wonderful they have each other to play and grow with. They'll be best friends for sure.
How cute! I love it when kids surprise you like that. Jesse was in primary and they asked everyone a question. Jesse raised his hand and said, "obedience" and he was right! Moments like that make you realize just how much they are listening.
That is one funny story! Your kids always put a smile on my face. Grace's class usually says the pledge of allegiance in preschool.
Love it!
I vaguely remember as a kid answering the phone, "Heavenly Father... uh, hello" yea - it was pretty bad. We must have been about to pray when the phone rang, that's the best I can figure.
Anyway, Grace is a character. Its funny to hear all the things she comes up with.
Cute little Grace. She is such a good example to all of her little friends...I loved her testimony on Sunday! TOO CUTE!
I once answered the phone, "Dear Heavenly Father," caught myself, and had to hang up because I was laughing so hard. She is SO funny to that at so young!!!
Post a Comment