On Sunday, we were planning on going to 9 am church with Jon's family. Everyone was ready but me, and just as I was about to take a shower, I heard Jon calling for me in his urgent, concerned parent voice. I ran upstairs and saw him holding Max and a blood soaked paper towel. Max had fallen and hit his head on a rocking chair and split his forehead open. So it was off to the ER, Jon in his suit and tie, and me in my black sweats, glasses, and dirty, messy hair pony tail. Sweet. He ended up with 3 stitches, exactly in the same place as a scar on Jon's forehead. The doctor asked if a forehead scar was our family crest. I told him that's how we brand our babies so we always know who belongs to us at family reunions.
Monday we went with my sister-in-law Jandee and her little boy Ike to Hogle Zoo. The best part by far was the baby giraffe. Thanks for the fun day Jandee!
10 comments:
Your comment to the doctor was awesome! Happy Birthday Max!
Oh man. i hate those moments. Gavin fell and hit his head yesterday and i thought for sure we would have been taking him in but we lucked out again. I am not sure how much longer we can say that. Poor little guy! I can't believe he is 1 already, where has the time gone?
I can't believe he is one already! So glad it was only a few stitches and nothing worse.
I wonder what you would look like in black sweats, glasses, dirty and with messy hair...Oh, wait. I do know, and even then you still are a classy lady. Poor Max! Dang you Jon, it's all you fault.
Happy Birthday cute boy!
What did I do? Why is it my fault?
your genes, jon. it's your genes. I say it again:
and so it begins.
(i'm pretty sure i've said that in a previous comment. also, i like how i'm blaming your genes as if i don't share them.)
happy birthday to the little champ.
Wow, he's so big, I can't believe it. Do you just love having a boy?
Wow! Can you say, "Little John?"
Poor little guy!! He is so big! And he looks exactly like John and Grace!
Cole and Josh have the same scar right under the chin. I might add he got it while his dad was watching him fly off a slide. :) I'm so glad you guys are doing well. Keep in touch.
Post a Comment