Monday, October 22, 2007

The Beginning


It's Monday--a good day to begin something new. In fact, I vaguely remember telling myself I would begin some sort of exercise something or other today. It's also the beginning of winter here in Logan. That's right. It's freezing here. Yesterday when we left for church my car door was iced shut. The glories and pleasures of fall are so cruelly cut short in Logan. And it's the beginning our Scoresby family blog. So let's meet the Scoresbys, shall we?

Jon (29)--great guy, most amazing father, devoted husband, ward missionary, Ph.D. candidate at Utah State, future employee of someone, somewhere (I really, really, really hope all of this schooling actually leads to a job someday!). Seriously, anyone who knows us always asks us the same two questions--"How long does Jon have left?" and "What is he studying again?" So I'll go ahead and answer here for him: 1-2 years and Instructional Technology. What that actually is and what Jon plans to do with it are subjects for blogs unto themselves so I'll leave that to him. When he's not busy with school, work, family, or church, Jon sleeps and eats. Seriously, who has time for hobbies anymore? But what he would like to have time for is reading, basketball and softball, movies, and more dates with me.

Mary (30)--So this is harder to do when it's yourself. Um, pretty good person, satisfactory mother, adequate wife. Okay, I'm actually pretty awesome. Let's just get that straight. Darn, how do you get sarcasm across in a blog. I'll have to work on that because sarcasm is my mainstay of communication. Oh, that's a good one. Sarcastic. Basically, I stay home and take care of our two girls. Other than that most of my time is taken up with being the Young Women's president. It's fun and we have really good girls, but it's a lot of work. In fact, a few months after being in the calling, I tracked down my old leaders to thank them for everything they did that I took for granted. In my free time, I . . . . Really I just wanted to see what it would be like to start a sentence like that. That has to be one of my least favorite questions. Honestly now, if I had free time, would my house look like this?! When I ignore the stuff I should be doing, I like to read, read, read, read. I LOVE to read.

Mary Grace/Grace/Gracie (4)--We like to confuse people and give our kids names with lots of options. Usually we just go with Grace. She is adorable. Yesterday we had our Primary program in sacrament meeting and it was typically hilarious. She was giving us winks and thumbs ups after all the songs. She goes to pre-school 3 days a week and we both love it. Through the pre-school she also gets swimming, tumbling, and tennis lessons so she is busy and therefore happy. She just wrapped up the soccer season last week. Soccer was not such a success. She was the kid in the corner talking to herself and spinning in circles. By the last game though she kind of came around and would run after the ball a little. She even scored a goal. Go Grace!

Emmeline (1 month shy of 2)--Emme is our little motormouth. She talks and talks and talks. She loves to do everything her sister does and so has done everything before I'm ready for it--walking, talking, potty training, etc. She is simultaneously the joy and terror of our family. She likes to go for walks, ride her bike, read books, and play with her sister. She has such an infectious smile that people just love being around her.

3 comments:

)en said...

yay for blogs!!! congratulations! I'm so happy. Mary, this is so fun to read. thank you thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hey fellow blogger! It is fun to read what's going on up there. Don't worry-your sarcasim comes through just fine!

Karen

Rosalene said...

I finally figured out how to change my posting name so you won't get comments from 'Jerusalem 2000'....it took me a few days to figure out...anyway, I loved seeing the girls...they are beautiful and loved hearing about you guys. It really has been too long since we last connected. So happy to be able to keep in touch! Looking forward to your next post!
Rosie