I've been tagged. I don't know what that means exactly. The best I can figure out is that I'm supposed to write about myself. So that's your warning. This post is all about me:
I Don't Like
Businesses that try to be cute by playing on words that start with K and C. Usually I refuse to do business there because I don't want to fund their obnoxiousness. This past week I made an exception for Kiddie Kandids but it was hard. I'm not kidding here. I really really really really hate it. It's so stupid! Like we're supposed to be impressed with the clever person who realized that K and C sometimes make the same sound so won't it be cute and clever if we use them incorrectly!! ARGH!!!
People who don't return their shopping carts properly. They remind me of children who don't clean up their toys or clear their plates. It's an act of complete self-centeredness. . .I just can't be bothered to walk the extra 5-15 feet all the way to the cart return, so I'm just going to leave my cart in the middle of the parking lot for other customers to deal with. ARGH!!!
Improper use of apostrophes. I know I'm a grammar nerd, but come on folks. Apostrophes are not rocket science. Any functioning human being can learn what apostrophes do and what they don't do. For example: Apostrophes do not make words plural. So when you see a sign that says "Condo's for sale!" or you receive a gift that says "To the Scoresby's from the Jones'" just stop and think for a second. Apostrophes have their hands full making words possessive (Jon's book)and taking the place of letters in contractions (I can not-I can't) and they just can't make words plural!!!!!! Just a hint: If you're sending out Christmas letters and you're not sure how to make last name plural, just write "To the ----- family." But just for future reference "To the Scoresbys from the Joneses" is correct.
Overall this has been a very grumpy post. I'm going to blame that on Emmeline who doesn't sleep and turns us all into grumps. I'll try to finish when we're all feeling a bit more chipper.
2 comments:
that is good stuff.
hear hear! about the improper use of apostrophes. People seem to just casually throw them in wherever they want. I'm surprised i don't see more things like "hell'o, my name is j'en." or something. (that's an example) Something to add to the list is random Capitalization of words Within a sentence.
The Kountry Korner in Alpine has always sort of irked me too for that very same reason! Too bad its the only gas station within 20 minutes of Alpine....makes it hard to boycott!
Post a Comment