Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ah The Good Old Days

So when I was young, my brothers and sisters would go swimming in a "pool" in our backyard. I say "pool" because it wasn't really a pool at all, rather a large circular horse trough that we would fill up with water and swim in. The funny thing is that we have never owned a horse. It was about 2 1/2 feet deep, so just deep enough to sit in and get cooled off from the hot summer day. It was also small enough to run in a circle to make a whirlpool. Once we got the water going fast enough we would sit down and float along with the water. Good times I tell you, good times. In the video you will also see Emme and Grace play with a boat made out of a squash. This is also something me and the siblings would do with the overgrown squash or zucchinis. We would sometime race them down the irrigation ditch for more good times than you can imagine. So in short here are some pictures and a small video of Grace and Emme playing in the pool that we used to play in as kids. In a way it's kind of cool to see my kids doing things that I did as a kid. So here is to the good old days.










5 comments:

Tina said...

lol! I think its a great idea! I am curious how you drain it though??
The extra large flotation devices are great too - they look even bigger when used in the little pool.
Looks like you had a great time as a kid!

)en said...

I love "do you want some rocks in your squash?" in the video. What a fun mom.

The trough pool is the greatest thing ever to come into existence.

SeanMorello.com said...

I have battled this it's-okay-to-call-the-trough-a-pool line for a long time now, but today is the first time that I can see the other side... Ahem... I stand corrected. What do I have to do to get a squash boat of my own?

)en said...

(that was sean)

Jon Scoresby said...

Got it, thanks.