Sunday, August 24, 2008

And another reason why Jon is great. . .

Yesterday he invented the words contradictering and olympisized. I dare you to try using them in a sentence. The winner gets a prize. Maybe a frosty.

5 comments:

AJones said...

McD's cus:
I would like a number 5 big mac, fries, and a coke.

McD's Employee of the YEAR:
Number 5 big mac, fries, and a coke...GOT IT! Would you like that OLYMPISIZED?

McD's cus:
Yes please, I've got an Olympic marathon this weekend.
(refering to catching up on any missed Olympics that he has tivo'd rather than actually do any physical activity)

AJones said...

Contradictering
Well perhaps we could better understand this would had we known the context of the usage. However, since we don't I could think of a ways this word could be used. However, it require the word to be broken up slightly, bear with me.

#1
Ing as we all know is a pasture or meadow; generally one lying low, near a river. So lets say Jon is in one of these low lying pastures, near a river, of course. When he meets someone who he can simply not agree with. He contradicts this individual at every chance. However since he is slightly intimidated by this individual...let's say it's Goliath...or Andre...and before he can actually get up the courage to contradict this individual...he pauses, ney hesitates... "er" "er"...Yet he musters the strength, holds his head up high and states.."I beg to differ" or "on the contrary".

In this situation I think Jon's word would work very well...It could be uses as an active adjective to describe Jon. Such as "Wow! That Jon is so brave and contradictering to those giants"

Sandra said...

You guys still look the same as in your announcement. Congrats on seven years. Umm...I'll have to think about how to use the words. Are you still keeping up your goal about the frostys? he he

Unknown said...

I personally like the McD's example...that is the first thing that came into my head...give them the frosty!!! LOL

)en said...

Contradictering: It's a verb, obviously, and refers to someone who frequently contradicts others, aka a contradicter. So while a regular person might just be simply contradicting people, when someone is an extreme contradicter, one who contradicts more than usual, he is contradictering, or behaving contradicterorily.

Olympisized is an excellent word. This can mean several things.
It generally means to make something grand. More specifically, to olympisize something could be to make it large in size. Like an olympic-sized pool. It's big. Or, it can mean to make something grandiose. Lots of pomp and whatnot. Another meaning, though less commonly used, is to make something more olympic-like. Adding competition and medals. For example: "Let's olympisize this game of jacks" and you really make it into a big affair.