Sunday, September 14, 2008

Here's Max Alexander Scoresby

We would like to introduce you all to Max.







The process started Wednesday afternoon. Mary had her appointment with the Dr. and the Dr. stripped Mary's membranes (OUCH!) Nothing happened the rest of that day and all of Thursday. When we were getting ready for bed Thursday night, we started talking about when Emme was born and how Mary started contractions at 1 am with her. So at 10:30 Thursday night I asked Mary, "so are you going to wake me up at 1?" I was awakened by Mary shaking me at 1:15 a.m. telling me that her water had just broken. She really didn't start contractions with Max so they started pitocin at 6 a.m. Friday. The nurse checked her at 11 and said she was ready so she called the doctor and Mary started pushing at 11:21. After 3 whole pushes and 4 minutes later, Max was born at 11:25 at 8 lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches. He is healthy and happy. Mary is doing well and we are excited to start living our lives as a family of 5.

25 comments:

Cordie said...

YEAH!!! He is perfect! I am so excited that you now have a boy. I am sure you will get plenty of help from Grace and Emme. I can picture it now, so cute!

Cecily said...

Mary, he is absolutely adorable. Just look at that face!!! Congratulations! This gives us hope that there can be a boy after 2 girls!!! :)

Rosalene said...

He is beautiful! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying him! He really is so darling!

Michele said...

OK, no fair, I pushed for like 2 1/2 hours!!! I'm happy for you that it went so quickly. He looks just like a Scoresby, congratulations!

Crystal said...

Congratulations! He is so cute.

LeeAnne said...

Max is beautiful! Congratulations! We're glad all went well :)

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

I am glad that he's here and ooooohhhhhh he is so precious! Thanks for letting me come snuggle him last night! Hey I didn't sign up for the ward list of dinners because I thought we could bring you one in a week or two when the help has slowed down...I'll talk to you later to figure things out.

Tina said...

Congrats! He's adorable. I can already see some of Emme in him, especially in that first picture. I can't wait to meet him. :)

Emmett and Ashlee said...

So cute. I want to hold him! I love the name and he is just perfect. Congrats you guys. Give Max a kiss from all of us.

Emily said...

Congratulations. I'm glad everything went so smoothly. He is a cute little thing. Boys are so much fun!

)en said...

He does look like a Scoresby. He kinds of looks like Jeremy in some of those pics, no? Some Jeremy/Marissa-ness. I want to say he has Mary's eyes though, especially because Mary has the best eyes, but it may be too soon to tell. He's got that newborn squint. :) He is a rather beautiful baby, though. And i'm not just saying that because that's what you say on people's blogs.

Sandra said...

Wow an eight pounder, way to go Mary! He is so cute! I'm glad everything went well, Congrats!!!

Rachel Seren said...

Congrats! He is adorable! I am so happy for you! Boys are so fun, I bet the girls are just loving having a baby brother!

Rachel said...

AHHHH! YEA!!! Congratulations! He's such a doll and I'm so happy you got your little man. :) I loved running into you at the library, your fam is so cute!

Jessica & Gary said...

Wow,
what a perfect little man!!!Let us know if we can do anything, congrats and best wishes

Rachel said...

CONGRATS! He really is adorable!! We love you guys...you've caught up with us :)

Nate and Marva Jones said...

Congratulations! He is so cute...

I found a link to your blog from Heather Wilson's blog. I hope it is ok I popped in. I haven't talked to you in years and have always wondered where you were these days. I have a blog too but it is a private one. If you send me an email with your email address I will add you as a viewer. My email is natemarva@yahoo.com I am excited to get back in touch with you. I hope to hear from you soon.
Marva Jones

emily snyder said...

i am sooo excited for you!!! i won't tell melissa, who was in labor for over 30 hours, that you had max in 4 minutes!! she'll be slightly jealous!

do you love that i just used an appositive?? i think of you every time i use cool grammatical tricks!! :) i need to visit ASAP!!

Becky G said...

I found your blog through Sandra Westwood - I hope you don't mind but I had to tell you congratulations! He is a beautiful baby boy! You are one awsome mom! Take care, Becky Graves

The Clanton Gang said...

He's so adorable!! Congrats to all of you!

Dean Family said...

Congratulations! You guys look so great and he is a doll!

The Taylor Family said...

Congratulations! he is super cute! I bet it is fun to have a boy now! Boys are great! I hope you are getting lots of naps!

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

Sounds like a great delivery. I absolutely love him! What a cutie!
Congratulations again.

Jai said...

Oh my goodness he is so cute. I have something I want to drop by, it just got crazy trying to move, bu the way THANK YOU JOHN!, I will call sometime later this week and if it is okay stop by.

Rebecca said...

he's a cutie! I wish I had a boy! How is it?! is it so different! how are the girls with him? I can't wait to see more pic's!