Sunday, December 7, 2008

In All Gardeins, Some Flowers And Some Weedes. John Lyly 1579

The title of this post is a quote that Mary found and embroidered. I thought the title fit well with our experience this morning.

The girls woke us up like they usually do. With a little work we made a good breakfast for us all. I turned on the computer and turned on some nice Christmas music. The mood was really nice with the four of us sitting around the table eating a nice breakfast as a family, talking, laughing, and having a good time. The girls finished, got up from the table, and ran off to play. Mary and I stayed behind to finish our breakfast. We started talking about how nice this was and how good/happy we were feeling. Just as the sentence was finished we hear Emme scream "NO, GIVE IT TO ME!" followed with more screams and tears. With that I leave you with "In All Gardeins, Some Flowers And Some Weedes."

5 comments:

Tina said...

The calm before the storm? lol! Sounds about like life around here. I like the quote.

AJones said...

I thought you were talking about mary's cooking abilities...HA Ha ha...(dumb joke) But in all honesty, it's all relative. That fighting would be a flower compared to the fighting of children in war-torn countries.
I have a feeling this is going to make mary cry....shoot! I was just kidding mary. note to self: do not post before 6am

Jaggi Family said...

in response to fearless leader...
WHAT????

Rachel said...

That is so funny! Reminds me of the quote, "All good family fights begin and end with a prayer" (referring to FHE of course.) haha

Sandra said...

Ahh... to relish in those moments though. Hopefully there are more flowers than weeds he he.