Monday, February 16, 2009

Do I Look Like A Car To You?


Setting:

Mary and I are sitting on the couch with the girls sitting in their little chairs in front of us, getting ready to have FHE. Grace is pouting and whining that she has to get up off of the floor onto the chair. I tell her because of her whining and arguing with me that I'm starting to feel the spirit of contention in our home. (Side note, we had an FHE lesson on the spirit of peace and contention a while back)

Dialogue:

Grace - (whiny voice) Daddy, I don't want to sit on the chair.
Dad - Grace, I'm starting to feel the spirit of contention in our home.
Emme - Mommy, I'm feeling the spirit of contention in my bum.
Mom/Dad - smile, snicker, hold it in.
Dad - (under his breath) It's called gas.
Emme - Huh? I don't need gas. Do I look like a car to you?
Mom/Dad - Can't hold it any longer, bust out laughing.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

HILARIOUS! Oh my gosh I laughed out loud!

Tina said...

Dave and I also got a good laugh! So funny!!

Cordie said...

too funny not to comment! your girls are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

Ritch in Love said...

LOL! That reminded me of something Bill Cosby would put in a skit

Rachel said...

What a funny kid!! That is awesome!

Trevor said...

That is so great. Both of your girls crack me up.

(This is Ashley, by the way.)

Sandra said...

THAT IS GOOD!!! LOL

AJones said...

PLEASE COME VISIT!!!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Bwa-haa-haa-haa! :D

Unknown said...

OK...so who has to watch TV...I can just tune in to your blog and get more laughs than NBC, CBS, FOX, and ABC put together!! They just crack me up...and so you you two!!

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

i love it... that's hilarious!