Sunday, August 23, 2009

Not So Top Food Experiences in Logan

1. A couple of years ago we went to a restaurant with some friends. The hostess took us to a outer section of the restaurant. This section was "enclosed" but during the winter or very early spring it is still very cold. We sat there for a while and they brought us some drinks. We sipped our drinks while shivering. After a few more visits from the waitress we asked if we could come inside. That was not a very fun experience.

2. Mary and I had just moved to Logan and a friend ranted and raved about a local restaurant. We decided to visit and we are seated in the secondary section of the restaurant which has no decor and has the feeling of a cafeteria in an old folks' home. We ordered the food and you could tell that almost everything was from frozen bags. The dressing for the salad came in a pre packaged plastic cup. Needless to say we haven't been back.

3. We went to a restaurant and ordered a sausage pizza and when we got it, it had baco-bits on it.

4. We went out the other night and ordered a sandwich for dinner. The special was a BBQ pork sandwich so I ordered that with the assumption that the sandwich would have some sort of condiment like cheese on it but alas, no. It came on a bun the size or a bit smaller than a hotdog bun and there was maybe a table spoon of pork on each half of the bun. I finished the whole sandwich in 3 bites. Oh, did I mention that the sandwich cost $4.50. Best deal of the night.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

It's always a bummer when you spend so much on a meal and there's nothing to it or it tastes bad. Hopefully you have found better resaurants in town.

Ashley said...

These made me laugh. It's not often that you get to have so many choice dining experiences all in one city. Maybe that's what Logan could be famous for...

Shanell said...

So I am just guessing on these, let me know if I am close.
1- Cafe Sabor
2- Bluebird
3- Papa Kelseys ?
4- Not sure, have not had a pork sandwich in town

Hopefully there is enough good here to make up for the bad.

Jon Scoresby said...

You got 1 right.

Rachel said...

Old folks home...maybe the Coppermill?? Then I'd guess Juniper Takeout and also for the pizza one...Fredrickos?? Yikes.

Company of 5 said...

Try Kamin Restaurant--as a couple date night. My hubby wasn't too fond of the Mongolian Beef, but I love the appetizers, one of the soups, and the pineapple rice boat. Still want to try the Honey Lavendar ice cream...if they ever have any!!!!