* Jon accepted a full time job at USU.
* We moved from our apartment in Logan to a house in Smithfield. Still renting, but a house! With a yard!
* Jon was offered an interview with a company in Bloomington, Indiana. We had applied months before and hadn't heard anything.
* Jon had 3 interviews with the company, aced them all and was offered the job of Senior Instructional Designer and Research Scientist at WisdomTools.
* Mary and Jon prayed, talked, discussed, made lists and ultimately decided to take the job.
* Jon worked like crazy (!) to finish his dissertation and successfully defended it.
* Mary worked like crazy (!) to pack the house (again!) and prepare to move across the country.
* Jon defended on February 4th and we moved on the 5th. Here's a wise piece of advice: Don't finish a PhD and move on the same weekend. :)
We are extremely grateful for everyone who helped watch kids, move boxes, and feed us. Especially the feeding us part. We miss our families and friends but feel like we are in the right spot. Our new ward is fantastic and we feel at home here. The final piece of good news. . . we bought a house. Yes, we felt it was time to finally grow up and join the ranks of homeowners. We close on May 6th. It is a new house and is still in the final stages of construction. Here is a picture of the front. I think that is Grace, maybe Emmeline standing on the front porch.
19 comments:
WOW, what a wild year you've had! Congrats on everything, that is so exciting and your house is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Love the house, probably not as much as you do, but it looks wonderful! So does Jon like his job? I hope so, then everything is perfect! You deserve it!
Congrats you guys! You all deserve it! I LOVE the house. Seriously so cute!!
That is exciting, glad you are loving the area. I just love your house!
Darling house! So glad to find your blog!
I've been thinking about you guys lots! Glad to hear that all is well. The house looks perfect, and I LOVE that you have all those trees in your backyard! Congrats!
I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well for you all now! And you will be in a house, and a house of your own in just two months?! So great, congrats!!!
I love the pillars in front. I'm so happy for you guys. Good luck in closing, thats so exciting!
wow - life has been crazy busy for you! Congrats on the new job and pretty new house! I dream of owning a new home... Someday, right? ;)
I'm over the moon that you're blogging again! Definitely keep that up. :)
PS-the house is gorgeous, and I'm not jealous AT ALL ;)
I loved Smithfield when I lived there.
Congrats! On the job and the move. Your house looks beautiful!
Congrats on everything! Love the house!
I was about to get back on Facebook just to contact you and see what was going on with you! I'm so happy for you! The house looks perfect! If the house exterior is any indication of how Indiana is, you'll never want to leave:) So glad things are now 'settled' for you for a time. Sure love you and think of you often. Keep blogging:)
I love your new home! So glad that it all has worked out so well and you have found where you are supposed to be. We miss you guys!
Loved your comment on Diapers & Divinity so I had to see who you are ....
Congrats big time on the move and the beautiful house! My hubs, Doc, was just finishing his prospectus when we met so I didn't have to go through the whole crazy PhD life .... what a relief for it to be over, I'm sure!
Good luck!
Congrats on all your big changes. I hope things are finally starting to settle down for you a little bit. I love your house; it reminds me so much of our first house it makes me happy.
p.s. I just had a thought. I'll send you an email.
AWESOME!!!!! Congrats!!
Happiness for you Mary and John! Congratulations, your home has a ton of character too! Enjoy!!!
Post a Comment