A little back story:
Mary and I moved across the country to Indiana to start a new job and in the process have been searching for a new house.
Thursday: Closed on our house (see previous post) We are really excited and glad.
Friday: Started to move a few things and tried to finish packing. Waited all day for our fridge to be delivered after being told that it was lost and then told they call and didn't. Finally delivering it at 9:30 at night while I had the kids running around the house/neighborhood for an hour because I was told they would be here in 15 minutes. Also found out that the stove range collapsed when they took it out of the box and would have to order another one.
Saturday: Grace got up at 4:40am screaming that her head hurt and then went into a stupor that we've seen once before. We took her to the doctor at 8 and people started to show up to help move at 9:30 or so. I was finally able to hear from Mary around 11 and found out that Grace was being admitted for having concussion like symptoms without ever hitting her head. After a million tests they think she is have low blood sugar related seizures. With all of the tests we did find out that she had strep throat without any of the symptoms. So while Mary was with Grace at the hospital, I finished packing and moving our stuff to the new house.
Sunday: Mary stayed with Grace at the hospital while I was at home with Max and Emme and our new "friends" the boxes. Grace came home that night about 8pm. We decided to give the kids a bath and while we stepped out for a minute to get beds and pjs ready, Max flushed a toy down the toilet.
Monday - Thursday: Emme and Max have be coughing now for a while after a visit to the doctor they too are on antibiotics. Max doesn't sleep very well with his coughs. Grace's insulin routine has been changed and the doctors want to follow her numbers so that means we have to wake her up at 12 and 3 am to make sure she isn't going low. When I got home from work, Emme informed that she decided to hang on the towel rod and that is now broken off and there is hole in the wall. The range was dilivered on Wednesday and broke it in by cooking frozen pizza for the kids.
Friday: Kids are still sick with fevers and didn't sleep well. Just glad the week is over.
Now Grateful:
When I found at that Grace was being admitted to the hospital, the people that were helping us move said to just go. Our Bishop took me since we only have the one car and everyone else stayed there and helped move our stuff without me there. Our neighbors took Emme and Max while I was moving/going to hospital. Luckily, Mary's aunt was coming into town (which we completely forgot) and Mary explained what was going on. Her aunt went to our neighbors house and took the kids and played with them from about noon to 9 that night. Thanks Chris. When I got back from the hospital, my neighbor/friend was still packing the truck with the rest of the boxes by himself. He helped me with the last few trips before he had to leave. Food showed up for dinner Saturday night and on Monday night as well.
So this is what I am grateful for:
- Neighbors/friends who took the kid on short notice
- an Aunt who was willing to watch the kids all day while I moved
- Ward members who were willing to help move us while both of us were not there and while our daughter was in the hospital
- Ward members who made fantastic dinners for my family for the few days follow all chaos
- A friend for coming over late to help us dislodge the plastic toy from the toilet
- Friends and family who have been supportive and shown concern for my family's well being
- Three kids who make me laugh and love me just as much as I love them.
- Parents who show us their love through everything. Letting us know that they are suffering just as much as we are because they love us all.
- A wife who has worked so hard to take care of the kids and put our house back together while I go to work. A person who has made me a better person in so many ways.
7 comments:
wish we could be there to help. we are praying for you guys. sophie especially...while it is someone else's turn to say the prayer she constantly interjects "and bless grace" until they do so. we love you guys!
Yikes~! That is really rough. When it rains, it pours...
We hope you have a better week! Hang in there.
Oh. My. Goodness. That is one crazy/scary/tiring/blessed week!
That is a crazy week. I'm glad Grace is doing better. I'm sure with everyone on antibiotics things will be lots better. We sure miss you guys. Any chance you'll move back he he :)
How are things by now? Hope everything is improved and settled! Moving frenzy doesn't bring out my best self, but throw in ER trips and clogged toilets? Hurt me. Will you be visiting Utah at all during June or July? I'd love to catch up for lunch or something if you come and have time. Sure love you, friend. Take care!
Oh my goodness, when it rains it pours, right? Poor Grace! That girl is brave!`
I think I missed this post before, but I hope that you guys are feeling more settled in now and have gotten some more answers about Grace. Moving is so stressful; I'm sorry it's been such a challenging run.
Post a Comment