Friday, December 21, 2007
Down with Celebrity Tonsil Hockey
Something you may not know about me is that I'm a sucker for celebrity gossip. I read the headlines on all the trashy magazines in the supermarket line. Of course I pretend that I'm fascinated by the recipe for the perfect holiday turkey or I'm admiring Cheryl Johnson from Milwaukee who walked off 20 pounds in 4 weeks. But really I'm intrigued by where Jennifer Aniston is spending the holiday and what Nicole Kidman is wearing. I really really wish I was above all the celebrity smut. But show me a headline about the trainwreck that is Britney Spears (and apparently her little sister) and I'm hooked. This is how I discovered that celebrities have apparently bought themselves a pass that exempts them from the time honored guidelines against PDA. Apparently, anytime someone with so much as a brush of fame goes out to dinner or a club, they must engage in a public make out session. Do they feel that because they happen to be better looking than the average Joe schmo that others might actually enjoy their display. Honestly, I don't care if it's Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (let alone one of the Olsen twins and Lance Armstrong. . .YUCK!), I don't want to see you making out while I'm trying to eat my dinner. And honestly now, you're thinking, "Mary, what are the chances that you will ever be trying to eat your dinner anywhere near Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie?" Well, I'll just say, you never know. And I AM going to be in New York over New Year's, and I may just encounter some PDA prone celebrities. And if I do, don't worry. . .I'll be sure to snap a picture before I turn my head in disgust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
People magazine happens to be my occasional guilty pleasure. :) I agree with you on the PDA thing, even if they are so hot (BRAD PITT) that I probably would be drooling and staring. hee hee Who makes out during dinner anyway?
Also on the PDA thread, Nick and I agree that the worst PDA is sacrament meeting PDA. I know you've seen it in our ward.....Get the hose! I'm all for celestial love, but can't they spare us the PDA?!
*Note to sacrament PDA-ers: SPDA is only acceptable in on-campus student wards! :)
OMMG-Oh My Mormon Gosh! You are so funny. You really should send this into Readers Digest. Just think your wit could make you $100-$300 richer!
remember that when we were at a cabin yesterday, someone had left an october people magazine and we (the girls, me, miss, and becc) took turns reading! my favorite was that drew berrymore and her boyfriend (the mac guy in the apple commercials) can't stop kissing in public!!!
so many hundreds of reasons why i love you! 1 - that you read them
2 - that you blogged about it! :)
i was jealous said she chatted with you the other night :( i love you lots and lots!
Speaking of smooching, you need to ask your brother about my little sister Ali and something about New years Eve. And my other sister Abbey and something about the after party of Les Mis. Good times with your brother and my sisters. Bah!!!
You kill me Mary!!! I'm so glad I found your blog!!! I put you on my bloggy list! I'll definitely be a regular reader here, I miss yer guts. :)
Post a Comment