
In honor of our anniversary today, I thought I would take you on a little journey through the Jon and Mary story:
Although my family moved to Alpine when I was in 9th grade, Jon and I didn't meet until the summer of '95 when we were both called to be on Seminary Council (I think this is just a Utah thing, but people who went to high school in another state can set me straight). We spent some time together during our senior year, but just as friends and mostly because our friends were dating. Graduation came and went, he went to play football at Dixie and I went to BYU, and I'm 99% sure neither one of us would have thought about the other one if fate hadn't intervened. Fate, of course, referring to the housing crisis I experienced when I came home from my mission and found every one of dear friends/roomies that I had been with since freshman year was either engaged, married, or living abroad. I ended up taking the contract of a friend the weekend before school started. That first Sunday we ran into each other at ward prayer (an even more localized oddity than Seminary Council) and realized that we were in the same BYU student ward. We talked for at least an hour that night, became good friends for a few months, dated for a few months, were engaged for 2 months, and married on August 22, 2001. In the past 7 years, we've moved 5 times, been through 4 pregnancies, earned 3 degrees, had 2 children, and one heck of a time. Last Sunday after the girls were asleep, we had a great scripture study together and then spent a couple hours playing a wii game together. We both ended up laughing so hard, we were crying. I looked at Jon and thought "This is exactly the kind of happy I looked forward to when we got married." I love you Jon!
7 comments:
Happy anniversary - doesn't time fly?? Hope you have a great day!
Happy Anniversary. I love the picture on your announcement. Hope you have a great time celebrating!
Hey you,
Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a wonderful celebration. It was so fun seeing and talking with you and Julie while I was in Utah...I so wish we were closer together to do that more often. I need your influence:) Hope everything is going well and that baby Max makes it to you healthy and happy...and a little bit early;) I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
Love you, Rosie
ps...new web address (don't ask...) web.me.com/rosiepacini
Happy Anniversary! What a cute picture of you two!!!
A couple who plays Wii & cries together, stays together... as they say. Happy anniversary!! I would like to hear about how/when/why you just "knew."
that you had found "the one" i mean.
i think someone still owes me dinner! i can't remember if it's jon or mary . . .
congrats!! i was thinking about you two today and i love you. lots. i want what you 2 have.
love lots. me
Post a Comment