Monday, August 18, 2008

Goals

I have to admit that I am not a big goal setter. I purposefully avoid New Year's resolutions because they are really just another way of setting goals. I think my aversion to goal setting comes from my mission where we were required to set so many goals that it felt impossible to keep track of them all so I just felt like a failure most of the time. Really, personal goals, companionship goals, district goals, zone goals, mission goals, blah, blah, blah, blah. Now that I've got two kids and one on the way, most days my main goal is to make sure everyone goes to bed having been cleaned, clothed, fed, and loved. If that happens, then life is good. But, sometimes a person feels the need to aim for something higher, reach for the stars if you will. So I've decided to set a goal--one that is sure to make me a happier person. And one thing I do know about goals is that you are supposed to share them with others so they can support you in your efforts. So here it goes: My goal is to eat one frosty a day from now until baby Max is born. Wish me luck friends!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Can I join in your goal with you!!! I'll be very very supportive! :) I could totally make goals like that, very nice!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That's my kind of goal. Good luck with it! :)

)en said...

Wow, are you sure? That sounds kind of ambitious. Well, it might be tough but if you stay focused, I think you can accomplish this goal. Stay strong, Mary. You have my support. Give me a call if you have weak moments and think one day without a frosty won't hurt.

Tina said...

LOL! Love it!
Good luck with that goal. :)
If you need anyone to help pull you along in meeting your goal let me know, I can think of a couple of people (Bridget and I) that wouldn't mind sitting down to a frosty with you... only if it would help you in accomplishing your goal, of course.

Rachel Seren said...

That sounds like the perfect goal for an expecting mommy! Good luck! :)

Rachel said...

Ooo, I'll join you and support you with participation in your goal! That sounds delicious!

Amber said...

As I was reading this I was really expecting some serious goal - but I was pleasantly surprised to find out what it was. Finally, someone who thinks like me!