Wednesday, August 27, 2008
The Hospital Bag
I'm almost to the point when I can start thinking about packing my bag for the hospital. So I'm looking for ideas on what things you can't live without when you're at the hospital with a new baby. I've got all the essential items down, but if anyone has any great ideas I'd love to hear them. (For example, I always tell people to bring their own pajamas and their own pillows. It just kind of grosses me out to wear a hospital gown once I'm in the recovery room. Just think about all the people who have worn that gown and what they've done in it and gotten on it! YUCK! So I always go to Walmart/Kmart/Shopko and get some clearance pajamas that I can wear in the hospital and then throw away if I need to later.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
With Jacob I remember packing his birth announcments. I had it titled "Cute as a button" so I was sewing a button on the piece of material I was going to put on the announcment (does that make sense?)
Also since the baby gets so many new things from friends and family, and so much attention. I like to take little gifts (just acheap dollar store toy, but things I know they would love) wrapped, when the kids come to see the new baby, give it to them and tell them it's from baby and mom. The kids love it.
Okay so those are things you can live without, but I just thought I would mention it.
I bought new makeup right before Teage was born and it felt good to freshen up before people came and I didn't feel quite so scary looking. Emmett bought me a new hoodie the next day and it was baggy but new and that also felt cute. Wow I sound like a real whiner, but I it helped me the second time around to feel fresh and not in the hospital gown with bags under my eyes. I am excited for you guys. Can't wait to see the little ones.
I always like a good hollywood gossip magazine. Something to keep me busy while I am waiting for the baby to come out. I have also promised myself the next time I go to the hospital I am going to have make up on and look as cute as possible. I say this because looking at my pictures from being in the hospital with Ian and Olivia, well I look very rough. Good LUCK!!!
I like the idea of Pj's whenever I have another! I also like to have a light thigh length robe. Somehow you never, or I never manage to wear a braw in the hospital so it's nice to have to throw on when people come to visit. Or in my case when Cole lived in the NICU for the first two weeks it was a great cover up when I was in a wheelchair all over the hospital.
I personally like to take a jacket. Sometimes those rooms get a little chilly when the AC is on. I always make sure I have cash on hand too. You never know when you are going to need to make a run to the vending machines. That really helped out when I got hungry while waiting for Emme. I hope that helps. Good luck. I can't wait to see that baby.
Jon, you're a nerd.
Everyone else, good ideas. I've never done birth announcements before but I remember my sister-in-law working on hers in the hospital. New makeup and a cute going home outfit are both good ideas too. Somehow life seems more manageable when you feel good about how you look. I wonder if men feel that way too. And I'll definitely have to have a good magazine to read. I hope the issue of People is good the week I have this baby. This week's cover is about Ellen Degeneres's wedding and frankly that doesn't interest me too much.
HAHA..I thought you were Oct 1st...hmm...if not your baby than what...I thought there was something important in Oct...hmmm...oh well cant figure it out (hehehe evil laugh)
During pregnancy I never want sweets but the second the baby is born, I need a truck load of chocolate. That is a *must* to take in your bag! I'm so excited that you're getting so close!!!
Hey You! I am glad you are having another one. 3 kiddos are fun!! How is everything? Everything is good here. We are hopefully going to build, but you never know.... blah!
CUTE KIDS! They are getting so big. Good luck with everything!!
CHOCOLATE AND A DIET COKE! But you already knew I would say that.
buttons...lots of buttons....
Cause I hear you have to do alot of pushing...don't know what that's all about.
I took sugar free mints with Nathan to help keep my mouth from drying out during pushing! With Garrett my Mother in law brought me bath and body works "Cotton Blossom" lotion and body wash.. I had to have it with Nathan too.. Everyone that walked by my room would want to know where that smell was coming from! Next time I am going to pack my cotton blossom and bring a scrubbing loaf. I love the idea of new make up and a hoddie! I have the worst pic of me leaving the hospital.. I will take it to my grave! I also would pack treats for the siblings. Don't forget your journal! Best wishes! I hope everything goes great!!
Jennifer
Oh.. Definitely flip flops for the shower..ewww!
I think you should take some chapstick and maybe a gameboy. And don't forget a change of clothes, and something cute for the baby to wear when you go home!
just kidding, i thought it would be funny to comment on this post way after the fact. ha ha....haaa... ?
*crickets chirping*
also: I LOVE Emme's face in the 2nd picture, so, so much.
2nd also: I'm sorry to say it, but James Taylor is the pits. But you know what? I still love you. Because we're family, and that's what family does.
Post a Comment