Friday, August 22, 2008

I Love My Wife!!!

Well, today marks 7 years of being married to Mary. I will be the first to admit that I have not been easy to be with over the 7 years. I know it may be a shock, but I do have faults ;)

Mary has truly been the rock of this marriage. I have been so busy with work and school that I haven't been able to be as supportive to her and our family as I would like. If I didn't have her as a friend, wife, and mother of my children then I think I would not be where I am and who I am today.

In many ways Mary has made me a better person. Before we got married I would say that I was in my own little world, doing and see things the way I wanted. She has helped me open my eyes to see things differently and to be more understanding of the world around me.

Mary is a wonderful mother. We have 2 beautiful girls and soon will add a boy to the mix. I see how much she does every day to love and teach those girls. I admire everything about her and what she does for them. She is so willing to love and teach in our home.

I love Mary's sense of humor. She can always make me laugh. I think she is great to talk to/with and have a good old laugh. I love how beautiful she is. I love her blue gray eyes. I love being able to be with her every day and every night. I love how she is a grammar and punctuation nut and helps me improve mine. I'd just like to thank the Joneses for having such a wonderful daughter. So Mary, here is to you, for seven years you have been my rock, my love, and my life. I love you very much.

Jon

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Great Post Jon, Happy Anniversary you two!!!

Tina said...

Happy Anniversary! A very sweet tribute to your wife.

emily snyder said...

not that mary is the rock to my marriage and mother of my children, but AMEN to everything you wrote about mary. jon - i love that you love her in so many ways. we had way too many moments imagining our prince charming and thank you for making those dreams realities. you are equal to her, and that is the greatest compliment i could find to give. mary has made me lots and lots and lots of who i am.

did i mention that i love you two!?!?!

are you allowed to have a shower for a third baby? don't know who i would invite that's still around besides me, but i would love to throw you one! when are you due?!!