
So one night on my mission, I wake up hearing my companion spraying something. I ask him what he is doing and he said he woke up to an earwig on him in bed so he got up and started spraying raid all over the place. He says to me "don't look at the end of your bed" So what do I do? I turn on the lights and look. 14 dead earwigs at the end of my bed on the floor. So for the next few minutes we start killing earwigs and think we have killed everything. At this point we can't breath because the room is filled with raid so we air it out a bit and finally crawl back into bed. After we turn off the light, I start to hear little thump thump thump thump. I asked my companion to turn on the light and 3 had fallen from the ceiling onto my bed. That was enough, so we picked up our mattresses and moved out to the living room. We turn on the lights and see a bunch in the carpet, so that was out of the question for sleeping. We had a little balcony that was long and just wide enough for a mattress so we decided to sleep out there. After we get settled I felt something on my arm so I just stuck my arm over the edge and let what ever was on it crawl off into the night air. So we finally fall asleep and then at 2 am a huge rain storm came and soaks us so we pick up our blankets and mattresses and take them back to the room and I slept the rest of the night with my 14 dead friends.
The end
What are your stories?
5 comments:
eww.. I don't know if I would have stayed in the apartment. Yuck. I hate earwigs. I can't think of any bug stories but I have trained my five year old to kill them for me because it makes me sick to squish them.
Gross. I hate earwigs too...
Can't think of any really bad bug stories, at least nothing that compares to that one. Back home we had large flying June Bugs. Those were disgusting - especially if you accidentally stepped on one. The crunching sound is enough to make a person nauseous.
WOW! Sounds like my issues with *roaches* on my mission! (Panama) I have a few roach stories, but here's one: While my companion is in the shower after a long hot day tracting, I go into the kitchen to get a little snack- Marshmallow Mateys cereal. As I open the fridge, I spot a huge roach skittering across the wall and freak out and run right of the kitchen screaming "CUCARACHA!!". After a minute I mustered some courage and went back in, grabbed a bowl and spoon, started to pour the cereal into the bowl, when the roach skitters across the floor and right over my bare foot. This time I screamed, my bowl of cereal went up in the air and ran back out of the kitchen. I hear my comp in the bathroom "Daines? Que pasa?!" and I yell "cucarachaaaaaaa!" This time my companion came out of the bathroom thinking that I was being attacked by an army of cucarachas, and was a little disappointed to find that I was making such a big fuss over one. We both went into the kitchen, and this time spotted that same roach climbing over all the clean dishes in the dishdrain. My comp kills the horrid creature with a flip-flop and tut-tuts at my mess of cereal all over the floor :) I've had many an encounter with cockroaches, and I think each and every time I've run out of the room screaming (the crunching-then-gooey sound of stomping them makes me sick, and I can never seem to find the Raid when I really need it!)! There you go! :)
This post is hilarious!
I grew up in Vegas which has roaches, black widows, huge mosquitoes, etc. When Nick and I got married, our first apartment in Vegas actually had poisonous scorpions!
That has got to be the grossest!
Post a Comment