I think I've been tagged about 25 times on Facebook to write my list of 25 random things about me. And a new blogging friend tagged me to write 8 random things about me in a post. So, I'm going to compromise and write 15.
1. I've never written or received a text message. I broke down and got a cell phone last year, but only use it for emergencies or traveling. I am way behind the world in technology. And I get old and grumpy when people use cell phones without courtesy or common sense.
2. Today I took Emme to the dentist and while we were there another little boy fell off a chair and hit his head HARD. I ran over and picked him up and tried to find his parents. His dad just looked at him and said, "Well, we tell him not to climb on stuff." He wouldn't hold him or comfort him or anything. It made me cry. I just don't buy into making little boys tough by withholding nurturing. Don't buy it at all.
3. No matter how many times I see the movie "Rudy," I cry at the end. I think it's hands down the best sports movie of all time. "Hoosiers" is second. The other sure-fire movie to bring on the waterworks? "Shadowlands."
4. I'm obsessed with eyebrows. I love to pluck, mine or other people's. I believe that every college roommate and every mission companion has received an eyebrow job courtesy of me. I even had one friend who would pay me for regular upkeep. My sister Alyson has the best eyebrows I've seen.
5. One of my biggest regrets is not keeping up my mission language.
6. When I was younger I daydreamed consistently about a time machine that would take me back to the days of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Sometimes she would visit me. I thought about everything we would wear, eat, say, and do in great detail.
7. I've never read any of the Twilight series and I have no interest in scrapbooking, stamping, or card making of any sort. And yet I still consider myself to be a very average Mormon mom. Maybe it's the mini-van, the three kids in my thirties, and the tired "When did I last shower?" look.
8. I cried with happiness the first time I tasted gelato (ice cream but better).
9. I love seeing my children's developmental milestones. Favorites are potty-training, talking, and independently making sandwiches and putting on seatbelts.
10. I subscribe to Reader's Digest, the Ensign, Good Housekeeping, Parents, and Food Network Magazine. And that basically sums up my life.
11. My husband taught me how to drive a stick shift while we were engaged. And we still went through with it.
12. Do you know that scene from Mary Poppins when she is searching for something in her carpet bag? She sings "Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha!" when she finds it. I do that when I find things I'm looking for. I never realized it was from Mary Poppins until my husband pointed it out.
13. I desperately wish someone would nominate me to be on "What Not to Wear," but I don't think I would be able to bring myself to spend $100 plus on a pair of jeans. It feels too indulgent and actually makes me feel a little sick to my stomach.
14. I want to have more children.
15. Sometimes I try to dance like Beyonce. It's not pretty. But it's fun.
8 comments:
good random thoughts. i especially like #15.
#2: I'm so with you there! My father in law treated my husband like that and both of us decided from the beginning that withholding care and love and compassion from a little boy is absolutely mean! Thankfully my hub turned out very thoughtful...but not all of them do that have a father like that!
#3: I'm the same way. My other favorite Sports movie is The Greatest Game Ever Played. (That kind of goes along with #2 in a strange way.) The movie makes me cry every time!
#13: I'll nominate you if you nominate me!! (My whole family loves that show!)
LOL about dancing like Beyonce that is funny. I have to say I like to busta move in the kitchen while making dinner. I really want to try gelato now!
rudy better than hoosiers? We've got to have a serious talk.
if you want to feel depressed about italian-trade me brains.
i gotta see your beyonce!
ps i hope all those magazines don't keep you locked up in the bathroom too long.
tvb
I love getting to know people better on these things. Thanks for sharing, although I could have done with ten more!
You should totally come and teach me how to do eyebrows! I think I have plucked them maybe five times my entire life!
I feel gypped. Where's the other 10!? I want to eat gelato!! And psh, no one will nominate you for What Not To Wear because your style is already super sexy mama! But it would be fun to have shopping spree!!! Hey, go to DI and start wearing mom jeans, cut your hair into a mullet and start wearing black lipstick and then I'll nominate you...you'll be SURE to get on!!! :)
Nick's the same with texting...his 1st text message (8 days ago) said "Call meoon."
And I totally agree with #2, #3
Oh, and I could use an eyebrow consultation!
#11- ha ha ha! :D
Post a Comment