Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Child's Perspective

My sister is an elementary school teacher and we got a good laugh out of this.



The parent sent a note the following day:

Dear Mrs. Jones,
I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.
I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot.
From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Smith

11 comments:

Sandra said...

LOL thats funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That is dang hilarious! I hope you don't mind, but I re-posted this on my blog. I have to share the laughs. :D

Jessica said...

I LOVE IT! Kids say and do the darndest things! Sweet!

Jess :D

Tina said...

I LOVE IT!
I also saw this on Felicia's blog today. Is it real? I'm doubting it. It has to be fake. Still... LOL!!!

Ritch in Love said...

BOW CHICKA WOW WOW!!

I'm laughing so hard I am crying here in the flight attendant lounge in Vegas. My husband came up with that little phrase after her read the post!

karen said...

Mary,
Oh my! I am laughing so hard I'm about to pee my pants. Where do I even start? The pole dancing, shovel-finding mom (reminds me of a shirt I saw recently that had the Home Depot logo but said "Ho Depot"), the beautiful Christmas outfit, or the breastfeeding dilemas. There's some things you just don't miss when adopting and that's one of them. You have me beat on multitasking!
Thanks for keeping me trimmed around the tummy with laughter. Could you send more-like 50 a day?

Love ya and miss ya!
Karen

Rachel Seren said...

That is hilarious! I can just feel the embarrassment of the mother!

Stephanie said...

I couldn't find your email on your blog, so here's a random comment for your cute post: Thanks so much for your comment on my blog; you totally made my day. And I wasn't bored... I'd love to hear the rest of your thoughts anytime!

p.s. My parents just got home from a mission and it's like they never even left. I worried things would be different, but no. And they loved it. Where did you serve?

Rachel said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Phew...wow.

Unknown said...

OK...so funny!! Even if is it not 100% true...there has to be some truth to it, right? LOL...thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

That is so funny!! Matt and I couldn't stop laughing.