Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Emme Updates

So Mary and both woke fairly early. I think we are both a little anxious about Emme and her tonsil/adenoidalectomy/insertion of tubes. We have to get Emme to the hospital by 8:15. I've heard that you wait awhile before you get in, we'll see.

Timeline:
  • Mary: awake since 4:30
  • Jon: awake since 5:30
  • Emme: awake since 6:20
  • Grace: awake since 7:00
  • Take Grace and Max to friend's house at 8
  • Arive at hospital at 8:15
  • Check in
  • Change Emme into tiger scrubs 8:30
  • Taken to OR at 8:50
  • Doctor comes in at 9:30 and couldn't come up with a word to describe her ginormous tonsils
  • Returned to us 9:40 kicking and screaming
  • Fell asleep at 10:15
  • Released at 1:00
  • Home (picked up lunch) at 1:30
  • Watching shows and doing ok after a pudding cup and small bowl of icecream.
I feel bad for her because the medication is still working and she has no idea what awaits her. She's been a champ though.


11 comments:

The Childs Family said...

I love the past pic of Emme...what a cute smile...it is the "I am hanging in there" smile. Good luck with the recovery!

Stevens Family said...

Glad to hear everything went well, and hope it continues to.

AJones said...

So SORRY! STRESSFUL!!! Thinking of you Emme! I love you

Marion Jensen said...

You need a good book on tape to keep her mind occupied. I would recommend something that has chickens in it.

You should tell her the tonsil fairy came and took out her tonsils, so that any anger/wrath she feels toward responsible parties, once the pain kicks in, is not directed toward you.

Good luck to all of you.

The Clanton Gang said...

Did they tell you how horribly kids react to anesthesia? I had no idea. Maddie was really violent, irrational and loud. Thankfully it didn't last long!

I hope Emme recovers quickly!

LeeAnne said...

Awww poor Emme! I wish for her a speedy recovery- I'm sure once that's over with she'll feel sooo much better :) What a cutie, I love that last picture!

Sandra said...

Poor little girl, I hope the next few days are kind to her. What a trooper.

)en said...

Ohhh those pictures are too much. You all are total champs. I hope recovery is good... otter pops always help me, surgery or no.

sarah said...

emme, so sorry you had to go through that...no fun. you and sophie can be ear tube twinners now!

Tina said...

Ah! Poor sweet girl. I tried to call you guys twice today, but it rang busy both times. Bridget and I wanted to stop in with some Popsicles.
I hope she continues to feel better. Let me know if we can help with the other two at all.

Rachel said...

Poooooor thing!!! I hope she starts feeling better soon!!