Today I was playing on the floor with Emmeline and Grace, just laughing and tickling and having a great time. Somehow Grace ended up with her head on my stomach. She started laughing and looked up and said, "Mommy, your tummy is bouncy." Bouncy. Wow. Just the adjective every woman wants to hear. It was a little depressing until I realized that she probably meant bouncy in the way a trampoline is bouncy--nice and tight enough to throw you up in the air with minimal jumping effort. Yes, bouncy like a trampoline--a new trampoline, not like a saggy old trampoline you find at the DI.
5 comments:
that's awesome Mary! Kids always seem to snap you back to reality whether you like it or not. No matter what though you have to love their innocence.
Definitely a new trampoline! And I don't even want to think about the adjectives they could come up with for parts of my body because I don't think new trampolines are "bloated" or "chunky"
Okay that is just plain funny! I was laughing so hard reading that! I love your little Grace she says the funniest things!
Hi! I found your Blog on Heather's Blog, I can't believe that we have been gone from Hanbury Manor for over 6 months, time has really flew by. Grace and Emmeline are growing up so fast, the pictures are so cute. Riley still talks about Grace and her other friends back in Utah, it's amazing how much they remember. Our Blog is:
http://hanceyfam.blogspot.com/.
Hope YW is going great, I know that we left the girls of the Greenfield Ward in good hands. Tell all the girls "Hi!" and that I miss them and think about them all the time.
Well, at least she didn't say saggy or flimsy!
Post a Comment