This morning Emme found a little jar of vaseline and got into it. When we found her she had it all over her hands, lips, in her ears and hair, and on her face. Mary got her cleaned up and we thought we were good. So, we left the girls playing in their playroom while we were getting showered and dressed for the day. The girls are alone for maybe 10 minutes when Grace comes in tells us that Emme is doing something very bad. I run into the kitchen and Emme has found a tube of lip balm in Mary's purse and she has all over her hands, feet, lips and face. These two episodes were maybe 20 minutes apart. So later in the day Mary is visiting a friend and Emme finds a candy stash of the son of this friend and eats it all, gets chocolate all over her shirt and pants and loves every minute of it. So my question is this, how is it that a 2 year old has the innate ability to find everything and anything that we don't want her to find and then to make a mess with those things? How is it that she only does it when we are brushing our teeth and combing our hair which means she is not being supervised for 5 minutes? Is this ability in all children? Is it inherited from one of us? What is the answer? You tell me.

6 comments:
Ha ha. That is great. What's going on in the first pic?
Too bad you don't have the tar picture. That's a classic.
I'm either getting dressed or undressed. Either way I'm a messy kid.
Great pics! I bet that was fun to wash vaseline out of her hair. She'll be a grease monkey for the next 2 weeks!
I think she gets it from you Jon! Mary I posted the recipe on my blog.
We had a similar episode when Jesse was little but it was with yogurt, and one time it was a messy diaper!! I think when they are young like that they just explore everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! :)
They might be messy sometimes but they're both so dang cute! Emmi makes me laugh every time she says something. It's fun to have the Scoresby's as friends.
Post a Comment