Saturday, January 26, 2008

Operation Sleep Update

So, many of you have read and voted about Operation Sleep. The majority voted that it would work. Well, here are the results. The girls still get up at 5:30 or earlier. They come into the room and one of us helps them find there milk and snacks and go the the bathroom. Once this is done we climb back into bed and we get to lay there until 6. So in a way we are in bed till 6 but it's not restful sleep as we had hoped. So I don't think Operation Sleep was a bust. In a way it's a step forward. We are able to stay in bed until six now, whereas before one of us was getting up with the girls at 5:30. We may need to tweak something here to get the results we want. I still have this feeling that we aren't going to sleep past six until we are 65 and the kids are all moved out. The problem with that is I'll be at the age where men get jumpy legs so I won't sleep then either. Man, we got the shaft when it comes to getting good sleep. I mean both of the girls got up every hour to feed when they were first born. I've heard people say their kids were sleeping through the night at 2 months. Not us, not in our house. Maybe there is some sort of curse on this house or family. Maybe we weren't meant to sleep and therefore if any of you come visit you will not sleep either. I'll make sure of that. If I don't sleep in my own house then nobody will, AHha hahaahaha (evil sinister laugh).

6 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

You can always lock their door! HAHA, just kidding. Maybe it will just take them both getting a little older.

Sara B said...

I have to say I had my doubts about this working. We have early riser too. Our two get up before six everyday no matter what we try. I just go through each day as a zombie, but what else can you do? I have started getting up at 5 to exercise so when I get up it is my choice and in some ways that is easier. Nate is the one getting woken up by the kids between 5:15 and 5:45. Then when I get home at 6am they are all up and I am already in a good mood from exercising. I know when they are teens and we want them up early for school they won't get up. AHHH the joys of parenthood! GOOD LUCK! We wish you lots of sleep.

Melissa said...

WOW- you guys look great. Sleep, huh "Well, your never gonna get it". Bare Naked Ladies song- My favorite. We miss you guys terribly and love you.

Dean Family

Rachel said...

Well, hey a 30 minute improvement is better than nothing at all! What time do they go to bed? Maybe putting them down later??? You've probably already tried that though, huh? Eesh, good luck!!!

)en said...

Yeah, i'll be coming up to visit for SURE now. :P

Just teach them how to go to the bathroom by themselves, how hard can it be? ;) put their snacks in little bags in the fridge for them to find when they wake up. Grace is what, 4? totally old enough to do all that and teach Emme too. :D

The Clanton Gang said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out! But your blog did make me more appreciative of my kids! Maddie has always been a late sleeper--which stinks M-F but is GREAT on weekends when we want to sleep in! And Wesley wil go back to sleep as long as he has a bottle and snuggles in bed with us. :)
Seriously though, have you thought about having them turn the TV on when they get up? My sister's kids are early risers and they just get up quietly and turn the TV on. Of course, the fear of her wrath might have something to do with it as well, but at least they get to sleep in! :) Good luck!